Friday 17 August 2012

The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

I absolutely loved this book! From the first paragraph I fell in love with the main character, Lydia. I felt so close to her and wish I had a friend like her in real life! I also loved Carol from the start, too, and was empathetic with her plight to have a child. At first I was unsure about the characters of Alix and Jacqueline, but as they developed and grew as characters, and as the knitting class all became friends, I began to love them, too. I felt as if I was the extra member of the knitting class and it even made me want to learn to knit! I liked how each character took it in turns to have a chapter so I could see all sides of the stories. The plot was interesting and heartwarming, a perfectly indulgent read! I give this book 10/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment