Tuesday 5 June 2012

Hidden Treasures by Fern Britton

This was a really enjoyable read, which kept me gripped throughout. The main character, Helen, was easy to like and I found myself admiring her strength of character. The village of Pendruggan sounded perfect, as did its many characters- from Queenie to Dorrie to Tony to Simon the vicar. The only character I did not like was Helen's best friend, Penny, who did not seem like a very good friend at all. And I did not think she and Simon went well together at all. Piran was not an amazing love interest, as he did not seem like a particularly nice person. In addition, his name was a bit strange! However, the story line from Helen moving to the village, to the filming of a TV drama, to the happy ever after was lovely to follow. Therefore I give this book 8/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment