Monday 3 October 2011

Audiobook: The Enchanted by Charlotte Bingham

I've recently gotten into audiobooks and this was a brilliant one to get me started. I really loved the story of this one, and all of the different characters that are brought together as part of it. Kathleen was my favourite character because of her connection to her horse, The Enchanted. But there wasn't a single character I didn't grow to love by the end, except those you are supposed to hate such as Lynne's ex, Gerry. I don't know much about horse racing, but I really enjoyed the descriptions of the races and really felt my heart pounding as if I were really there. It took me a while to get used to the narrator, as her Irish accent was a bit strange at first, but by the end I couldn't have imagined it any different. I give this audiobook 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment